Monday, 27 April 2009

illness and fitness

Well, here we are again after a week of illness in the household. My panicker had a bad throat at the beginning of last week but i assumed she just didnt want to go back to school after easter. I was wrong. I got a phone call to pick her up from school the next day after she went a whiter shade of pale. I left it a few days then tried to get her in with the doctor. Thats a laugh in itself. You cant get an appointment at the doctor these days. You have to ring up, get a nurse to ring you back and diagnose you over the phone, and then she decides if you are indeed ill enough to attend the surgery for an appointment. (only with the nurse though) Doctors appointments are made many weeks in advance and it is almost impossible to get to see a doctor within a few days.
Anyway, this time my luck was in and it was decided that i could bring my panicker up to the surgery to be seen. Just as well, as she had tonsilitis. So she was off school all week. All my good intentions of getting back to the gym that week properly went out the window. Still, i thought, maybe this week...
Or maybe not.
When the kids came home from my mums last night my screamer was looking very much the worse for wear - in fact, she scared me as she had a bad neck and a headache combined with a temperature. Not a good combination as any parent knows. I had visions of flying trips to the hospital during the night, but luckily she didnt have too bad a night, and ate some breakfast this morning. So i could breathe again. I had a session booked in with my pt at the gym, so i went - and i ran. I havent run since i was a kid. And it felt good to be able to do it. I am going to carry on with it, and get myself fitter and fitter. On that note, i am very tired after last night and am going to bed.
Night folks

No comments:

Post a Comment